1. Collect all your important papers such as: birth certificates, passports, tax returns, banking information, insurance papers, etc and store them in one place. Store valuable documents inside plastic sleeves or Ziploc bags. Keep all important records with you during your move. Do not pack up and lose track of these documents!
2. Archive or banker’s boxes are ideal for storing files and heavier items. Label the outside of each box to identify the contents. It will make it easier to find documents later.
3. Pack files and heavier items into small boxes. The 1.5 cube box is a good size. Weight quickly adds up and can make large boxes difficult to lift.
4. Store important photographs between layers of cardboard and tape them together to prevent your photos from curling. Label these boxes fragile. Consider using plastic totes for important photographs and family records.
5. If a box is not completely filled, pack the empty space with packing materials. This will add support to the box and avoid possible collapse.
6. Place heavier boxes on the floor of your gobox.
7. Place lighter boxes on top of stacks to prevent collapse of those underneath.
SOS TIP:GO BOX now has banker's boxes or you can get archive or banker's boxes from any stationary store. You assemble these 10” x 12” x 15” boxes and lids yourself. They are inexpensive, very sturdy and have openings on the sides to make lifting easier. The design makes the box almost as strong as a double-walled box. You also won't need to use packing tape with these boxes.
SOS TIP: For heavy items like books or files use a 2 cube box or less. Boxes of similar size stack easier.
SOS TIP: Consider using plastic totes if you are storing important photographs or family records in damp conditions. Read more about plastic totes.
© Copyright 2019 GO BOX Storage | Website By: SilverServers Inc.